10Types experts have wide-ranging experience supporting High Performance Computing (HPC) supporting Data Sciences and Data Analytics, Statistical Modeling and Analysis, Life & Material Sciences Research (Drug Discovery) and Clinical, Big Data supporting Sales / Marketing and Social Media mining, and beyond.
Technologies commonly employed include:
- UNIX and Linux or Windows or Mac compute platforms.
- On-prem bare metal deployment, Private Cloud / Openstack, Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Compute, Rack Space, Penguin, ...).
- Beowulf and Hadoop style HPC clusters -- dedicated resourcing or auto-scaling for "pay for use."
- Job scheduling technologies include Grid Engine variants (Univa Grid Engine (UGE), Sun Grid Engine (SGE), Son of Grid Engine (SoGE), Oracle Open Grid Engine (OGE), and Open Grid Scheduler (OGS)), Load Sharing Facility (LSF), Condor, PBS / Torque / MAUI / Moab, SLURM, etc.
- Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS), appropriately configured and managed for HPC.
- Infiniband (IB), Message Passing Interface (MPI), Parallel Virtual Machine (PVM), and other technologies facilitating parallelization.
We apply technology and lessons learned from HPC support to our Internet, Business, and Science Hosting initiatives, and conversely 10Types uses its hosting experience to better HPC and Compute-at-Scale services. Contact us today to learn more about how we can support your larger-scale compute needs.